AI Institute is a Center at the University of South Carolina, founded under the Excellence Initiative program.
|The AI Institute, the University of South Carolina|
Our cutting-edge research in the use of semantic and services science for data integration, analysis, and process management complements South Carolina's mission to leverage innovation in data-intensive technologies for economic expansion.
AIISC research focuses on realizing a knowledge society with semantics and services as key enablers. Our work leads to prototypes and their evaluation with the participation of academic and commercial partners, technology development and licensing followed by real-world deployment and commercialization.
Projects and Themes
- kHealth - Diabetes, Start: June 2021
- DAO: Drug Abuse Ontology, Start: 2011
- Biomedical Vocabulary Alignment at Scale in the UMLS Metathesaurus
- Biomedical Vocabulary Alignment at Scale in the UMLS Metathesaurus
- Covid19: Measuring the Spatio-Temporal Psychological Impact of Novel Coronavirus with a Social Quality Index
- KHealth: Semantic Multisensory Mobile Approach to Personalized Asthma Care, Start: 2016
- KHealth Chatbots, Start 2017
- Community-Driven Data Engineering for Substance Abuse Prevention in the Rural Midwest, Start 2018
- EDarkTrends : Public Health Addictions Research at AIISC
- Covid19 : Measuring the Spatio-Temporal Psychological Impact of Novel Coronavirus with a Social Quality Index, <see other list> start: 2020
Archived Projects and Resources
- Context-Aware Harassment Detection on Social Media
- Modeling Radicalization on Social Media using Knowledge-infused and Context-aware Learning
- eDrugTrends : Trending Social media analysis to monitor cannabis and synthetic cannabinoid use.
- Apihut : Faceted Search and Indexing for Web pages
- Modeling Social Behavior for Healthcare Utilization in Depression
- Hazards SEES : Social and Physical Sensing Enabled Decision Support
- BLOOMS : an ontology alignment system based on the idea of bootstrapping information already present on the LOD cloud. It was developed particularly for Linked Open Data schema alignment.
- Cirrocumulus : This research is likely to initiate a mindset shift on the process of modeling, development, deployment and management of cloud based applications and initiate long term research in the same context. Cirrocumulus : The Cloud Application Platform
- Cloud Computing Research at Kno.e.sis :
- Cuebee: Knowledge Driven Query Formulation.
- Doozer : an application that aims at generating or extracting a domain model from Wikipedia or other similarly structured knowledge sources. It takes as input an incomplete description of a domain, such as a query or list of seed concepts.
- The Fels Longitudinal Study and Related Projects
- hRESTs : The Web 2.0 wave brings, among other aspects, the Programmable Web: increasing numbers of Web sites provide machine-oriented APIs and Web services.
- Human Performance and Cognition Ontology :
- Kino : A combination of browser plugin and back-end Indexer
- KDDM: AFRL/RX Materials Database Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining:
- Knowledge-Aware-Search :
- Linked Open Social Signals: Handling information overload in collectively analyzing observations, opinions and other social signals from the Web
- Market Driven Innovations and Scaling up of Twitris : A System for Collective Social Intelligence
- MobiCloud : MobiCloud Web based Composer
- NIDA National Early Warning System Network (iN3)
- PCS : Physical-Cyber-Social Computing
- Project Safe Neighborhood : Westwood Partnership to Prevent Juvenile Repeat Offenders
- Obvio : Semantic Predications for Literature-based Discovery
- PhylOnt : In revealing historical relationships among genes and species, phylogenies provide a unifying context across the life sciences for investigating diversification of biological form and function. The utility of phylogenies for addressing a wide variety of biological questions is evident in the rapidly increasing number of published gene and species trees. The impact that this deluge of species and gene tree estimates will have on our understanding of the forces that shape biodiversity will be limited by the accessibility of these trees, and the underlying data and methods of analysis. The true structure of species trees and gene trees is rarely known. Rather, estimates are obtained through the application of increasingly sophisticated phylogenetic inference methods to increasingly large and complicated datasets. The need for Minimum Information about Phylogenetic Analyses (MIAPA) reporting standard is clear, but specification of the standard has been hampered by the absence of controlled vocabularies to describe phylogenetic methodologies and workflows.
- PREDOSE eScience,Health Care and Life Science, Semantic Social Web, Knowledge Acquisition and Validation : PREDOSE is the name of the NIH funded PREscription Drug abuse Online-Surveillance and Epidemiology project (July 2011 - present) which is an inter-disciplinary collaborative project between the Ohio Center for Excellence in Knowledge-enabled Computing (Kno.e.sis) and the Center for Treatment
- SA-REST : SA-REST Draft version (obsolete)
- SA-REST Annotator : Annotation plugin for SA-REST
- Provenance Management Framework
- Scooner: Semantically Connecting Objects through Named Entities and Relationships : The limitations of key word based search are well known in the information retrieval field. These are more evident in life sciences where most of the reliable scientific information is spread across biomedical literature in the form textual journal articles.
- SemMat: Federated Semantic Services Platform for Open Materials Science and Engineering
- SemViz: SemViz Homepage
- Social Health Signals
- SSW: Semantic Sensor Web Homepage
- Twarql: SPARQL Querying Streams of Tweets
- Twitris : Twitris, a Semantic Web application that facilitates understanding of social perceptions by Semantics-based processing of massive amounts of event-centric data. Twitris 2.0 addresses challenges in large scale processing of social data, preserving spatio-temporal-thematic properties.
- Trust: Trust in Interpersonal, Social, and Sensor Networks
- Twitris: Twitter through Space, Theme and Time.
- Trykipedia : Trykipedia Homepage
- NSF Convergence Accelerator Track F: Actionable Sensemaking Tools for Curating and Authenticating Information in the Presence of Misinform : NSF Convergence Accelerator Track F: Actionable Sensemaking Tools for Curating and Authenticating Information in the Presence of Misinform
AIISC Library available online at <http://aiisc.ai/library>
- Knowledge Graphs and Knowledge Networks: The Story in Brief
- Augmented Personalized Health: How Smart Data with IoTs and AI is about to Change Healthcare
- Semantics Empowered Social Computing : Semantics Empowered Social Computing
- Blazing Semantic Trails : Relationship Web: Blazing Semantic Trails between Web Resources
- Social Signals : A Playground for Mobile Sensors, Human Computing, and Semantic Analytics
- Modeling for cloud : Semantic Modeling for Cloud computing
- Computing For Human Experience: Computing For Human Experience
- Continuous Semantics to Analyze Real Time_Data: Continuous Semantics to Analyze Real-Time Data
- Citizen Sensing : Citizen Sensing, Social Signals, and Enriching Human Experience
- PCS: Physical-Cyber-Social Computing: An Early 21st Century Approach to Computing for Human Experience
- Twitris: Twitris- a System for Collective Social Intelligence
- DAO: Drug Abuse Ontology
Conference Resource Pages
- Service-Oriented Computing Summer School (Hersonissos, Crete, Greece - 2011)
- ACM 2012
- Description Logic
- MS Summit
- Sem Tech
Instructions for Authors
You may want to use this template to describe your project.
If you are looking for the getting started instructions, follow the link.